This comes after the French Open and the transition from clay to grass is tough on the body. In the space of a week the ball’s gone from being shoulder height to down at your knees, so those first few days are tough on your hamstrings. They’ve always had a really strong field here, and it’s a well run tournament and a great warm up for Wimbledon. The great thing for me is that it’s the first time of the year where I get to go home every night. I have won this tournament twice, and it’s always great winning on home soil.
- Category: ATP World Tour 250
- Draw Size: Singles - 56 / Doubles - 24
- Surface: Grass
- Prize Money: € 683,665
- Rank at Start of Tournament: 3
- Last Years Results: Round 2 (L. Mahut 3-6, 7-6 (4), 6-7 (1))
- Official Website: http://www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-events/LTA-summer-grass-court-events/AEGON-Championships/